In uncertain times, it can be easy to get caught up in what ‘might’ happen and thus miss the chance to reflect on what ‘did’ happen and the lessons you can take forward into a new year.
That’s why, before you shut the door on 2020, we thought it might be useful to prompt you to do some reflections that will help you:
- More accurately assess how 2020 panned out for you.
- Navigate 2021 with clarity about what’s most important to you
- Allocate appropriate resources (time, attention, money) to those things.
Here are the questions:
- What do I wish I’d said ‘no’ to in 2020?
- What do I wish I’d said ‘yes’ to?
- What drained my energy in 2020?
- What boosted my energy?
- What’s something I allocated resources (time, attention, money) to in 2020 that I wish I hadn’t?
- What’s something I wish I allocated those resources to instead?
- What’s something I finished in 2020 that I’m really proud of?
- What’s something I didn’t finish but wish I did?
- What did 2020 teach me about what matters most to me in life?
- How can I better allocate resources (time, attention, money) to those things in 2021?
Feel free to bring your reflections on the above to your next scheduled financial planning meeting with us. We look forward to continuing to play a part in your family’s life in 2021 and helping you ensure you are allocating your resources to the things that are most important to you.
If you liked this quarterly review, you might be interested to know that we share useful thoughts and information like this in our monthly financial insights email. You can subscribe to that email here. All subscribers receive a copy of our e-book: The 5 Key Pillars of Financial Independence.
General Advice Disclaimer
This article contains general advice only, which has been prepared without taking into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any person. You should, therefore, consider the appropriateness of the information in light of your own objectives, financial situation or needs and read all relevant Product Disclosure Statements before acting on the information. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the material, Paradigm Strategic Planning or Sentry Advice Pty Ltd will not bear responsibility or liability for any action taken by any person, persons or organisation on the purported basis of information contained herein. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, no person, persons or organisation should invest monies or take action on reliance of the material contained herein but instead should satisfy themselves independently of the appropriateness of such action.
Paradigm Strategic Planning Pty Ltd is an Authorised Representative of Sentry Advice Pty Ltd AFSL 227748